Skills4Communities is a social enterprise operating from a central location within Hull and delivering training and return to work initiatives.
Our vision is to become a place where people of all cultures and backgrounds can learn and work together and the provider of choice for:
1. Individuals seeking to unlock their true potential for employment and social prospects;
2. Employers seeking to improve their business performance through workforce development;
3. Start up and existing businesses seeking support and growth; and
4. Mainstream service providers, local authorities and employers to effectively engage with the BME community including migrants, refugees and asylum seekers.
Co.Rg.No. 05213346 Charity No. 1108566
Job Title: Key Worker/Employment Coach & Employability/Functional skills/ESOL Trainer
Location: Between Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire and 271 Anlaby Rd, Hull
Responsible To: Training Coordinator
Length of Contract: Subject to performance and funding, this a fixed term contract, till September 2019.
Salary Inc: £18,453 per annum for full time (37.5Hr/Wk) or pro-rata for part-time.
Hours: 26 hrs per week over 4 days plus 30 minutes unpaid break per day.
Closing date: 27th November 2017
Start Date: immediately
Experience: IAG (Information, Advice and Guidance) & one-to-one and group delivery, Employer/Learner Engagement, employment and employability support, target driven delivery of training and employment support services.
- To help meet targets set by project and provide support to individuals on their journey from unemployment and economic disengagement into full engagement, sustainable employment and independence.
- To support participants to access existing provision and refer to other Intervention Partners where specific needs are identified.
- To deliver group/job club sessions or/and one-to-one job search and IAG sessions to Long-term unemployed and economically inactive individuals.
- To recruit learners in the local community, undertake initial assessment, establish needs/requirements ,engage and retain customers, and ensure classes are full and contractual targets are met
- To organize training sessions/timetables and deliver training sessions, in-work support as required
- To complete relevant ILP’s (Individual Learning Plans) and review forms
- To manage all aspects of administration ensuring all claims and tracking are done within the required timescale to meet operational and contractual needs.
- To deliver group sessions on confidence and motivation, employability and life skills embedding functional skills if required.
- To effectively manage own caseload of customers, job brokerage scheme, match job seekers’ skills, attitude, culture, experience and aspirations against employers’ needs, requirements and expectations.
- To prepare letters and other communications for participants and external bodies,
- Provide support and cover for colleagues where necessary
- To work closely with the management team and colleagues, maximise performance ratio and outcomes.
- To ensure all records are accurate and held in line with Data Protection.
- To identify a wide range of potential sources of vacancies, including advertised posts, web based recruitment and local employment agencies.
- To ensure quality & compliance of the contracts being delivered at all times.
- To carry out employer and business engagement with a view to identifying employment opportunities.
- To make use of manual and computerised information systems to record client interventions, ensuring the systems remain up to date at all times to facilitate the production of statistical and other management reports. To compile monthly reports for management
- To provide advice on financial benefits of moving into work including use of the ‘better off in work’ calculator
- To maintain effective and efficient administrative procedures producing appropriate records and reports as required, including the updating of client details database.
- To use the necessary in-house communications systems, including e-mail, telephones, reprographics etc, to ensure prompt and effective responses to clients, employers, staff and external organisations.
- To deliver on other services as and when deemed necessary by management.
- Any other reasonable duties
- The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other business. The work is of a confidential nature and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
Health and Safety
- The post holder must comply with the provisions of ‘The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974’ and must take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst at work. The post holder is also required to co-operate with Skills4Communities to enable them to perform or comply with any statutory provisions. The organisation’s efforts to promote a safe and healthy working environment can only succeed with the full co-operation of all staff.
Equality & Diversity
- The organisation has an Equality and Diversity Policy and it is the responsibility of all staff to comply with this. The key responsibilities for staff under this Policy are set out in the Code of Conduct.
- This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main duties and responsibilities only. The post holder will need to be flexible in developing the role in conjunction with the Contracts Manager. The post holder may be asked to carry out any other delegated duty or task that is in line with their post.
Safeguarding and the prevent Agenda
- The post holder must read, sign and comply with the safeguarding and the prevent agenda policy and procedures. He/she must attend training and induction as well as access policies and procedures on Skills4Communities internal companyweb.
Essential Core Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to use range of ICT office related software for production of a variety of documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain a range of administrative and quality standard procedures
- Ability to manage a caseload and achieve job/training outcomes for clients.
- Ability to prepare and maintain relevant statistical information
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to apply set continuous improvement strategies
- Ability to work as part of a team and using own initiative
Desirable Core Skills:
- Ability to engage & motivate young people
- Microsoft Office Software
- A range of clerical/administrative and financial claims systems and procedures for projects/contracts including Databases
- IAG Qualification
- Teaching Qualification
- Training, employment or business support
- Employer/Customer engagement
- Clerical/ administrative functions
- ICT office related software
- Working to deadlines and targets
- Maintaining professional standards
- Creating and maintaining effective working relationships
Send an e-mail with a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org